Archive | Uncategorized RSS feed for this section

Take Time for an Annual Insurance Review

We tend to have nicer “stuff” as we age so it’s wise to take a little time each year to make sure that your belongings are covered when disaster strikes. Consider these questions to conduct your own insurance review: What is my current coverage?  Your homeowner’s policy dwelling coverage amount should be enough to rebuild […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Flood Insurance 101

If you haven’t prepared your home for the watery impact of the next big storm, you are (unfortunately) not alone. Only 13 percent of U.S. homeowners have flood insurance, according to a 2014 survey by the Insurance Information Institute. Are the remaining 87 percent just betting that a flood won’t hit their homes? Or do […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

5 Tips for More Affordable Road Trips

5 Tips for More Affordable Road Trips Posted by Safeco Get More Out of Your Time on the Road With These Cost-Saving Ideas These days air fares are no bargain, and air travel is no fun. Gas prices have their ups and downs, but they’re trending down. Maybe it’s time for a good old-fashioned road […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Spring Newsletter 2016

Spring Newsletter 2016 “Protecting Your Blessings” is the tagline for Tulsa Family Insurance. It’s a straightforward concept – we help you protect the things that you’ve been blessed with by insuring them properly. There’s a little bit more to it, though. Protection literally means, “covered in front,” which is a very important concept in insurance. […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Prevent Plumbing Productions (aka: Pipe Drama)

Steps to Help Prevent Frozen Pipes—or Unfreeze Them Posted by Safeco December 24, 2015 Freezing Temperatures Can Lead to Frozen Pipes and Water Damage You wake up on a cold winter morning, head into the bathroom or kitchen, turn the faucet and … a trickle. Or, nothing at all. You have a frozen pipe. What […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Driving in Winter Weather

6 Dos and Don’ts for Driving on Snow and Ice Posted by Safeco November 23, 2015 How to Drive in Winter Weather Blowing snow. Low visibility. Icy conditions. Winter calls on drivers to use skills that just aren’t needed throughout the rest of the year. So, brush up on yours with these tactics and tips. […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Fire!

NE Oklahoma features an abundance of beautiful trees. They are also hazardous if not properly maintained. High winds like we experience frequently in Oklahoma can cause tree damage and, subsequently, be hazardous to your home and cars. During one particularly windy day, a tree on our neighbor’s property line uprooted and fell into a power […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Do you need earthquake insurance in Oklahoma?

With the bizarre increase in seismic activity in Oklahoma, several Tulsa-area clients have recently asked whether they need earthquake insurance for their home. While there is no easy answer to this question, there are a number of factors that can help you make this decision. The Oklahoma Geological Survey reports that the Sooner State has […]

Comments Off on Do you need earthquake insurance in Oklahoma? Continue Reading →

July Newsletter

This quarter’s newsletter includes info on weather safety apps for smartphones, umbrella insurance, and best wishes for a great summer!Tulsa Family Insurance July 2013 newsletter

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

An All-New Newsletter!!

Check out our February newsletter! Included in this issue: a new referral program, ways to save money on insurance, carbon monoxide poisoning prevention tips, and December drawing winners. Enjoy!!Feb 2013 newsletter

Leave a comment Continue Reading →